Sensory System


What is another name for pain receptors?

Pain receptors are also known as nociceptors. They are especially common in the superficial portions of the skin, in joint capsules, within the periosteum of bones, and around the walls of blood vessels.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Anatomy Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App