Water and Ice


How much of the Earth is covered by water

About 70 percent of the surface area of the Earth is covered by water. The other 30 percent of the Earth is land located primarily in the Northern Hemisphere. If you look at a globe, you’ll notice that the Southern Hemisphere has a great deal of ocean.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Geography Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App