Local Taxes

Do I have the right to appeal my city tax assessment?

Yes. When your assessed value statement is sent to you (with your tax bill), you have the right to appeal the assessment, and have a local hearing at which you can state why the value should be changed. If you are still unsatisfied, most states provide an opportunity to appeal at the state level, in a hearing at your state’s tax tribunal.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Investing Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App