NextPrevious

Real Estate

Real Estate Investment Trusts - Reit

What percentage of real estate investment trusts are equity REITs, and what percentage are mortgage REITs?

More than 90% of all REITs are equity-based REITs that earn income primarily through collecting tenant rent payments. The remaining 10% earn their income through receipt of interest payments on mortgage debt and obligations owned by the REIT.



Close

This is a web preview of the "The Handy Investing Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App