Criminal Procedures

Trial Process

If the jury convicts the defendant, what are the defendant’s options?

The defendant can ask the judge to overrule the jury’s determination, finding that the jury’s decision was against the weight of the evidence. The defendant can file a motion for a new trial or the defendant can appeal the adverse verdict.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Law Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App