Criminal Procedures


What further legal options are available to a person once convicted?

A defendant has a constitutional right to appeal his conviction and/or his sentence to an appeals court. The defendant’s attorney petitions the appellate court to overturn the defendant’s sentence because of error committed during the trial court process.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Law Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App