Accountants and Tax Payers

Can a tax preparer appear in my place at audits, collection actions, or appeals?

No, only CPAs, enrolled agents, and attorneys specializing in tax matters may appear in place of you at audits, collection actions, or appeals activities involving your taxes. A tax preparer may not.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Personal Finance Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App