City and Local Taxes

Do I have the right to appeal my city tax assessment?

Yes, when your assessed value statement is sent to you (with your tax bill), you have a right to appeal their assessment, and have a local hearing where you can state why the value should be changed. If you are still unsatisfied, most states have provisions to allow for the appeal at the state level in a hearing at the state’s tax tribunal.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Personal Finance Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App