Planning Ahead

Caring For Aging Parents

If I am elderly, how do I legally let my wishes be known to my caregivers or have them act on my behalf?

There are several ways to do this, including giving your principal caregiver (perhaps a sibling, son, or daughter) a power of attorney, doing a living will, or by doing a health care power of attorney.

One of the stipulations you may put into a living will is whether or not you wish to be resuscitated or put on indefinite life support.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Personal Finance Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App