Savings and Investments
Investing For Retirement
What are seven things to consider before investing?
According to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), every investor should:
- Evaluate your current financial plan.
- Evaluate how much risk you are comfortable taking.
- Diversify your investments.
- Create and maintain an emergency fund.
- Consider using dollar cost averaging when making an investment.
- Re-balance your portfolio when necessary.
- Avoid circumstances that may lead to fraudulent investments.