Insurance For Renters

What does my renter’s or condo insurance cover?

A policy covers damage due to fire or lightning, windstorm, or hail, explosion, riot or civil commotion, aircraft, vehicles, smoke, vandalism or malicious mischief, theft, damage by glass or safety-glazing material that is part of a building, volcanic eruption, falling objects, weight of ice, snow, or sleet, water-related damage from home utilities, and electrical surge damage. It does not cover flooding or earthquakes, as these disasters need to be covered under a separate policy.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Personal Finance Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App