Home Insurance

What happens if there is damage to my house due to a natural event, like high winds pushing a tree onto my roof?

The insurance company will send out an insurance adjuster or claims adjuster to your house within a few days, and he or she will investigate the claim, and with a contractor, provide you with an estimate of what the cost of repair is. The policy then allows you to pay a small deductible and either use the insurance company’s contractor to do the repairs necessary to bring the house back to its original condition, or to use your own contractor to complete the repairs.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Personal Finance Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App