Modern Meterology

Careers in Meteorology

How do I find financial aid to study meteorology?

Other than contacting your university’s meteorology department and its financial aid office, a good place to look for scholarships, fellowships, and internships is the American Meteorological Society. The National Council of Industrial Meteorologists also provides stipends to undergraduates. Finally, the U.S. Navy and Air Force both offer programs in meteorology for those who attend the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) in college, and then go to Officer Training School. Your education is then paid for by the military.

Careers in meteorology can involve a wide range of disciplines and interests, ranging from chemistry to computer science to on-air broadcasting.

This is a web preview of the "The Handy Weather Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App