Weather Fundamentals


What is an ombrometer

An ombrometer, also called a micropluviometer, is just a technical word meaning a rain gauge.

A C-130 airplane is shown at the South Pole Station in 1978. This type of plane has often been used for NOAA research. (photo by Commander John Bortniak, courtesy NOAA Corps)

This is a web preview of the "The Handy Weather Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App