Federal Taxes

What are some important IRS forms that I should know when I am managing the tax implications of my investments?

Some important forms you should know regarding managing the tax responsibilities of your investments include: 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return; 1040A U.S. Individual Income Tax Return; 1040EZ Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers with No Dependents; Schedule B—Interest and Ordinary Dividends; Schedule D—Capital Gains and Losses; 1099—General Instructions for Certain Information Returns; 2439—Notice to Shareholder of Undistributed Long-Term Capital Gains; 3115—Application for Change in Accounting Method; 6251—Alternative Minimum Tax—Individuals;8582—Passive Activity Loss Limitations;8615—Tax for Certain Children Who Have Unearned Income; 8814—Parents’ Election to Report Child’s Interest and Dividends; 8815—Exclusion of Interest from Series EE and I U.S. Savings Bonds Issued After 1989; 8818—Optional Form To Record Redemption of Series EE and I U.S. Savings Bonds Issued After 1989; and 8949—Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Investing Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App