Federal Taxes

When may I use Form 1040?

You may use Form 1040 if you meet the following requirements: your taxable income is $100,000 or more; you have certain types of income such as unreported tips, certain nontaxable distributions, self-employment earnings, or income received as a partner, a shareholder in an “S” Corporation, or a beneficiary of an estate or trust; you itemize deductions or claim certain tax credits or adjustments to income; or you owe household employment taxes.


This is a web preview of the "The Handy Personal Finance Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App