Stormy Weather


How can I obtain a flood map of my community?

The best way to see a Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) for your area would be to contact your local government. Their planning or emergency management agency should have the FIRM maps available. Purchasing them from FEMA is not recommended because the maps change often and are best interpreted by a planning or emergency expert.

A twister strikes Union City, Oklahoma, on May 24,1973. Oklahoma is probably the most dangerous U.S. state to live in when it comes to tornadoes. (NOAA Photo Library, NOAA Central Library; OAR/ERL/National Severe Storms Laboratory)

This is a web preview of the "The Handy Weather Answer Book" app. Many features only work on your mobile device. If you like what you see, we hope you will consider buying. Get the App