In 1559 Queen Elizabeth ordered that a copy of the entire Bible be placed in every church in England. The Great Bible was reprinted for this purpose, but the Archbishop of Canterbury, Matthew Parker, was not satisfied. In 1566 he assigned portions of the Great Bible to members of a team, most of whom were bishops. This team’s job was not to just keep the essentials of the Great Bible intact, but also to correct inaccuracies that had come to light since its publication. The resulting Bible was published in 1568 and came to be known as the Bishop’s Bible.